We warn you, you may smile just by talking to us.
We are the most fun you’re going to have running your business.
We love what we do and that is helping business owners achieve their dreams through advisory boards and business coaching.
You see, something magical happens when a group of business owners sit around a table and talk about their businesses.
The Alternative Board is a membership organization of business owners and CEOs who meet monthly in confidential board meetings to assist each other in transforming their businesses.
TAB helps business owners achieve their dreams through advisory boards and business coaching.
Take your business to the next level.
Get Inspired – Get Accountable – Get on an Alternative Board
Peer Advisory Boards
Each TAB advisory board is comprised of a small number of local business owners who run non-competing businesses. As a TAB Certified Facilitator Coach, Nick will facilitate each monthly board meeting. Each month, you and your board members in the Orange County area meet to share their business expertise, solve business challenges, help each other seize new opportunities and create actionable strategic plans.
SMALL BUSINESS COACHING
Each month, Nick will meet with you individually in a one-on-one coaching session. You will discuss how business is progressing by comparing actual versus projected results. Together we will develop the tactics needed to achieve your projected results. These executive business coaching sessions utilize a variety of tools.
What Makes The Alternative Board Work?
Our unique system of peer board meetings means you learn from the practical
teachings of other business owners. The combination of peer advice captured in
TAB board meetings, private coaching sessions, and TAB’s proprietary business
tools ensures your access to our proven methods of transforming your
business to its next level of success.
If you are trying to solve problems, become a better leader, or simply learn how to run your company more efficiently, membership on an Alternative Board is essential. The Alternative Board's business advisory group is structured to provide effective leadership coaching and transformational advice tailored for your business.
Do the following scenarios sound familiar to you?
- You have created a job for yourself but feel like you are working for someone else.
- You want to increase your income, improve equity in the business and focus your time on strategic initiatives that you enjoy and have quality time for family and friends.
- You are having trouble finding and keeping the right talent.
- You want to know where to find employees, how to make sure you make a “good” hire and how to keep your top talent.
- You want to grow the business but you don’t know where to start.
- You want to know how and where to invest your limited dollars so that you can drive growth and profitability.
- You are concerned that your business won’t be ready to sell or transition to family members.
- You want to make sure that your business takes care you and your family even after you leave the business.
Nick Leighton, Owner and Facilitator of The Alternative Board Southern California, believes that business owners should make more money and have more free time to achieve their personal life objectives.
For the past 20+ years Nick has been working with entrepreneurs and business owners to take their businesses to the next level.
Find out more from Nick on this short video. For more videos please visit our vimeo page.
Don’t mention: stalkers, acting career in North Carolina or being down the cobble stoned streets of Prague.
Do mention: parties in Hugh Heffner’s Playboy Mansion, writing, music concerts and Disney.